Thursday, September 13, 2012

Want to Save Money? Lose the Weight

Last night I had a very long, drawn out tour of the taxi way at Charlotte Douglas International Airport.  Believe it or not, I actually like that airport.  This was an unexpectedly long wait once we left the gate.  As I sat there completely out of my own reading material, I picked up the Sky Mall magazine to see what the latest Harry Potter/Lord of the Rings “Made in China” scrap they are pedaling.  Mind you, I like all the movies in those franchises.

I came across a page for the Insta Slim Compression Shirt.  For $24.95 – $79.95 (3 pack), you can buy a tight t-shirt to help hide the flab. Of course the model wearing the sliming “wife beater” could have worn a normal t-shirt and looked the same.  Normally overweight people do not have muscular arms. So, let’s quantify this one out.  For a full work week, you would need 5 of these things.  That comes out to somewhere between $124.75 – $159.98 for just 5-6 t-shirts. I just checked out the membership rates for LA Fitness.  They are charging $40 a month.  That means you can pay for 3 – 4 months of a gym membership and get healthy, or keep buying sliming t-shirts.

Here is another observation that I made on my flight last night.  A gentleman who was vary overweight was going to be on the same plane as I was.  Traditionally, I am seated with individuals who, in there mind, fit in the real estate of their purchased seat.  Fortunately, this guy purchased a seat with extra leg room and an empty space for him to lean into where there would not be another seat passenger.  It looked like to me that if he lost the weight he could save in both air fare and embarrassment.  You can do it brother.  Just set a goal and go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment