Friday, August 31, 2012

Cheap Entertainment

As I travel, I often find myself bored out of my mind.  I know that many of my colleagues go our for a drink ($$) or a movie ($$$). Here is something that can help entertain you and your family while traveling, take in a movie.  Wait a second!  I thought going to the movies was expensive?  It is, but not my way.
I have my Android table with me on this trip.  I also have a HDMI cable.  I noticed that all the hotels that I stay in have a TV with an HDMI port so…I use it.  On Google Play, I simple select a movie that I want.  Usually for far less than a single movie ticket.  I start the download and then take care of a few things.  Once I’m ready, I sit down or lay back in bed and watch the movie.  Best of all, I do not have to deal with teenagers and their cell phones or have to drive back to the hotel.  So, for a family of 4 the cost of tickets alone is around $23.00.  Seeing a movie my way, $1.99 – $3.99.  Makes good financial sense to me and you still get to see a movie that you want to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment