Sunday, August 5, 2012

Save on Airport Food

Have you ever taken notice of the marketing efforts at the airport? Food,food, and more food.  I travel very frequently.  As a matter of fact, I'm sitting in the United airlines gate area in Indianapolis right now.  I took a look at the food establishments along the walk to the gate.  The biggest thing that I noticed is the markup in prices.  Some of the markups appear to be around $2 for counter service per entrée. 

Here is an idea.  Eat before you get to the airport. Have a good meal before leaving home.  My wife packed a couple of snacks for me before I left.  TSA allows small snacks to pass through security now.  My travel time with one 45 minute layover from when I left my house till I land is 6 hours.  By the time I'm ready for dinner, I'll already be checked into my hotel and looking for the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment